Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BR400+ tires coming appart?
02-13-2015, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2015 08:47 PM by robotiller.)
Postby Beaverman on 28 Feb 2009, 10:59

Our Snowmachine club, here in Alaska, has been using a BR400+ to groom and maintain about 150 mi. of snowmachine trails for the last 3 seasons. It seems we are haveing to replace about 5 intermediate tires each year. They have all been foam filled. Tires have been everything from some trailer tires to Fall Line,and Bambardier. They all began to blister on the sidewall then soon after start to come apart. Is this just one of those maintaintance things we need to budget for or should we be doing something to get longer life from these tires?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Re: BR400+ tires coming appart?
Postby WINCHCAT on 01 Mar 2009, 11:25

well we use fibor filled tires but i think thay are kinda the same thing but i thing you can get air filled (that is what i would not do) or you can get solid rubber tires i think but that yould be kinda rough i would think. but otherwise i would not know why you are going through so many. we go through about 3 tires per cat a year
a true groomer run with the yellow
Postby snowfarmer on 01 Mar 2009, 13:43

Sometimes you will see sidewalls start to shred if you are doing a lot of what I call stiff leg turns. This is where you do not move one track while making turns. It puts a lot of pressure in the side walls of your tires, no matter what type they are. Just an Idea.
Postby BrettD305 on 20 Mar 2009, 16:46

WINCHCAT wrote:
well we use fibor filled tires but i think thay are kinda the same thing but i thing you can get air filled (that is what i would not do) or you can get solid rubber tires i think but that yould be kinda rough i would think. but otherwise i would not know why you are going through so many. we go through about 3 tires per cat a year

Its all about Permagroomers (soild rubber) they seem to last quite awhile.
BrettD305
Mechanic

Postby WINCHCAT on 24 Mar 2009, 16:59

[quote="snowfarmer"]Sometimes you will see sidewalls start to shred if you are doing a lot of what I call stiff leg turns. This is where you do not move one track while making turns. It puts a lot of pressure in the side walls of your tires, no matter what type they are. Just an Idea.[/quo

thats all we do when we are grooming but when we are pushing snow we are not aloud to do that
a true groomer run with the yellow
All post in this thread found here: http://forums.slopegroomer.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply