Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
omega grip
10-18-2014, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 12:05 PM by jasenpyoung.)
omega grip
Any tips on changing principal wheel bearings when the chair is in the motor room
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2014, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2014 04:28 PM by squints.)
RE: omega grip
That's a good question. We like to pull the chair out of the contour and run it around the outside rail to the arrival side. There we have a tensioning unit and a spring bracket that captures the spring for removal. Once you have the springs off we mount a come along above and lift the chair to access the principal wheels. Put back together and relaunch chair. Also if you have a chair that runs in reverse you can just back it up into the work area space on the arrival side of the contour, to save yourself from going back and forth. A wise man once taught me that. If anybody has a better more easier way I would love to hear it.
10-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Ha! I like the reverse idea but its still a bit of a pain the ass... Not too big of a fan on the design... I prefer to just take the chair off and bring it to the shop... It may take a little longer but much less of a pain.
10-24-2014, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2014 07:18 PM by jasenpyoung.)
Not an option in the winter time.
What we do is take a few of the transaction tires off so we don't have to run the chair in reverse witch silver fir is capable of doing. Than we do what squints does. Other than taking the chair to the shop is their a easier way?