Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ohara
02-10-2015, 09:34 PM
Ohara
Ohara

Postby Canadianbombar on 30 May 2009, 00:27 from: http://forums.slopegroomer.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55

Ohara. Has ANYBODY bought one? I've yet to hear of a single cat being delivered... Just wondering how they are working out if anyone has purchased one. :shock:
Canadianbombar
Operator

Re: Ohara
Postby suprman on 31 May 2009, 16:26

Yeah, ohara:
we had one at BeaverCreek for about 3 weeks. I wouldn't run it - it kept breaking down.

Caterpillar C9 motor was ok, but the hydraulics were weak, and the cab seemed, um, dated; as if made in the '80's.

The cat operators couldn't wait for it to go away. Maybe like Toyota, after 30 years they will have a product that competes, but not now.
suprman
Operator

Postby Canadianbombar on 01 Jun 2009, 13:29

suprman wrote:
Yeah, ohara:
we had one at BeaverCreek for about 3 weeks. I wouldn't run it - it kept breaking down.

Caterpillar C9 motor was ok, but the hydraulics were weak, and the cab seemed, um, dated; as if made in the '80's.

The cat operators couldn't wait for it to go away. Maybe like Toyota, after 30 years they will have a product that competes, but not now.

I thought they looked kinda nasty inside from the vid's I saw of it. Was the tiller any good when the thing would actually run? lol Did you guys buy it and return it for being a pile of crap or was it a demo which failed miserably?
Canadianbombar
Operator

Postby suprman on 13 Jul 2009, 18:13

Canadianbombar wrote:
suprman wrote:
Yeah, ohara:

I thought they looked kinda nasty inside from the vid's I saw of it. Was the tiller any good when the thing would actually run? lol Did you guys buy it and return it for being a pile of crap or was it a demo which failed miserably?

This was a demo which failed miserably. The tiller needed adjustable tiller flaps - there were none, so struggled in the deep powder, or in the hard ice. Also, the tiller left a "hump" in the middle of the pass. Towards the end of the three weeks, it sat in the yard and gathered snow.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply