Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Endangered snow leopard chases skier in Gulmarg
02-19-2016, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2016 09:38 PM by Admin.)
Video Endangered snow leopard chases skier in Gulmarg

An endangered snow leopard on Thursday chased a group of foreign tourists, while they were skiing in the snow-covered slopes of Gulmarg, Kashmir. A video of this encounter posted on Facebook by a member of the group has gone viral.
The five-member tourist group comprising of three women and two men along with a guide, have been in Gulmarg since January 31st and hail from Australia, Holland and the US.
An Australian resident, Owen Lansburry who is on a maiden visit to Kashmir, captured the moment. He described the experience as exciting and thrilling.

“I was skiing behind a friend when we saw the leopard and was very excited. The leopard was more frightened than I was. It was hiding in the snow and was watching us and waiting for a moment to run,” the 42-year-old tourist told The Indian Express.

Dave Marchi, the guide from the US who is associated with the travel agency Bills Trips, can be seen skiing in the video near the leopard.

“I was skiing behind a friend when we saw the leopard and was very excited. The leopard was more frightened than I was. It was hiding in the snow and was watching us and waiting for a moment to run,” the 42-year-old tourist told The Indian Express.

Dave Marchi, the guide from the US who is associated with the travel agency Bills Trips, can be seen skiing in the video near the leopard.

Written by Sofi Ahsan | Srinagar | Updated: February 13, 2016 1:14 am
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply