Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lift Mechanic Training
10-22-2016, 10:08 AM
Lift Mechanic Training
I am in the process of researching how lift mechanics have acquired the skills they have over their career. In a recent Steep Management newsletter I posted an article on lift maintenance training, Lift Maintenance Training - Initial and Ongoing.

If anyone is willing to be interviewed for this research, please feel free to contact me at backland@steepmanagement.com.

Thanks, hope to hear from you.
Bob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2016, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 11:00 PM by Admin.)
RE: Lift Mechanic Training
(10-22-2016 10:08 AM)backland Wrote:  I am in the process of researching how lift mechanics have acquired the skills they have over their career. In a recent Steep Management newsletter I posted an article on lift maintenance training, Lift Maintenance Training - Initial and Ongoing.

If anyone is willing to be interviewed for this research, please feel free to contact me at backland@steepmanagement.com.

Thanks, hope to hear from you.
Bob

That sounds great backland!

It seems to me there isn't much training for lift Mechanics.

It will be real interesting to see what you come up with.

The link you posted didn't work for me.

Try this one: Steep Management Newsletter

Great article!

I believe it needs to be stepped up too!

Thanks for sharing.
11-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Yeah, Backland your link is broken. Admins link works. Good article Bob!
11-04-2016, 03:56 PM
It sure is nice to be recognized. I agree for more training. I have done NDT training and got my level II. Also the PNSAA meetings are pretty neat, although it's not much training but good classes to attend. You get to meet and chat other lift mechanics as well. I have been lucky enough to learn everything through working side by side with experienced lift mechanics that have been doing it their entire lives. I couldn't imagine having to start from scratch without them. Not to mention the stories I have herd have prevented me from making some fatal mistakes. It's a pretty dangerous job and you must be aware at all times.