Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fall gear
10-17-2014, 10:45 PM
Fall gear
What is the best fall gear for a lift mechanic?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2014, 11:22 PM
RE: Fall gear
Not sure the what the best harness is but I use the Elk River 75303 WorkMaster Polyester/Nylon 3 D Ring Harness with Tongue Buckles. Seems to work just fine although it is a little bulky. I'm sure it varies for others. I'm curious to know what you find out.
10-17-2014, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2014 11:48 PM by open.gear.junkie@gmail.com.)
I happen to like Elk River also. Although mine is way less bulking. model # 01813 freedom polyester three d-ring harness retail clamshell packaging with mating buckles. Its not as heavy duty but I bet it would save your life the only time you put it to test. I feel safer in towers while the lift is running. There is just not as much going on.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-18-2014, 12:27 AM
Good input open.gear.junkie. One might want to take into consideration your main arteries in your legs and how long your going to be hanging. Anybody sick of the non static lanyards that just dangle? Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of a position harness or a three piece. I just don't like anything dangling that can get caught up.
10-18-2014, 09:58 AM
I use a retractable lanyard that locks when you fall on it, its the Jaguar from elk river i think. It takes a seperate anchor, not the rebar style gate hook like on a static lanyard that might dangle behind you. I like it a lot especially if you can get your anchor above you which is not always a possibility. The only bad aspects that i've run into is that when the lanyard gets twisted up at all it doesn't retract as well and can lock on you, and if you make to sudden of a move it can lock on you. I've gotten used to it though and if anything it slows me down a little bit which seems like it's safer and my movement in the basket/tower is much more thought out.